Piping Design / Pipe Stress Analysis Consultancy Services | Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pipe stress analysis is concerned with the prevention of overstressing pipes, skids, vessels, flanges, bolting, gaskets, valves, relief devices, fittings, hangers and supports. Pipe stress analysis is an analytical method to determine how a piping system behaves based on its material, pressure, temperature, fluid, and support. Pipe stress analysis is not an accurate depiction of the piping behavior, but it is a good approximation.
Typical Pipe Stress Analysis Problem Areas
- Pipe hanger/support failure
- Equipment support structure failure
- Verification of unfired pressure vessel design
- Blast resistance
- Pressure surge damage
We perform pipe stress analysis on new and existing piping systems to accomplish the following:
- Verify that piping stresses are below code allowable values (ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, CSA Z662, etc)
- Verify that piping loads on rotating equipment are below industry standards (API-610, NEMA SM23, etc.)
- Verify that piping loads on vessels, tanks, heaters, etc, are below code allowable values (ASME Section VIII, API, etc.)
- Design spring supports
- Design rigid pipe supports and restraints
- Calculate forces and moments for failure analysis
- Calculate thermal movements
If piping stresses and/or loads on connected equipment exceed their respective allowable values, we make recommendations to reduce the overloaded component/s to acceptable values.
- New Designs
- Peer Review of Designs by Others
- Existing Systems Being Modified
- Existing Systems with Maintenance Problems
- Analyzing Piping Failures
INDICATIONS OF PIPING PROBLEMS
- Excessive Pipe Sag
- Broken Supports or Restraints
- Bottomed or Topped Out Spring Supports
- Unexplained Rotating Equipment Vibrations
- Damaged Foundations of Connected Equipment and Vessels
- Flange Alignment Problems
- Leaking Flanges
- Shaking or Vibrating Piping
- Squirming or Leaking Expansion Joints
STRESS ANALYSIS DETAILS
Accuracy and a high level of detail are needed for the analysis to accurately predict piping stresses and piping loads onto connected equipment. Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services in this area. Our experience collecting data, field checking piping drawings against as-built systems, knowing what data is needed, detailed modeling techniques, and pipe modeling experience, allows us to quickly and accurately model piping systems.
Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services in solving piping problems. Our experience solving piping problems of all kinds, allows us to quickly recognize problems and develop solutions that work, are practical, and economical. Quite often piping problems are identified during our field visits collecting data. When this occurs, we sketch details needed for recommendations during our preliminary visits, thus, solutions are provided sooner, and the results of the modifications have been previously used and are known to be successful.
Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services offers a complete range of piping, skid, pressure vessel and tank storage engineering services. We specialize in mechanical detail design of piping, skids, pressure vessels, shell and tube heat exchangers, including the supply of detail drawings for fabrication.
Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services offers pipe stress capability for onshore and offshore installations complying with international codes (e.g. ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8, DNV2000), services include:
- Static design (operating, wind, seismic analyses and fatigue evaluation)
- Dynamic design (modal time history and harmonic analyses)
- Blast resistance design (using state-of the-art tools to design piping for blast resistance)
- Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services can also assist clients in carrying out fire and explosion studies and quantitative risk analysis, which are pre-requisites for a comprehensive blast design
- Assessment of acoustically induced vibration (AIV) effects and fatigue life evaluation of piping, to internationally acceptable practices
Software to be chosen in consultation with clients (options include Caesar II).
Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services offers a complete pipe support design service. Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services can develop pipe support standards that address clients’ needs, using the clients’ basis of design, early in the project. Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services will assist clients in selecting the most economical pipe support and spring hanger systems and advise on component material usage to minimize weight. Little P.Eng. for Engineering Services can also provide factory supervision during fabrication and installation.
Pressure Vessel and Storage Tank Engineering
- Basic pressure vessel design to ASME Section VIII and AS1210
- Basic tank design to API 650
- Localized nozzle loading assessment for pressure vessels and tanks
- Design services as regards components of complicated configuration
- Assessment of fatigue life and life extension possibilities for existing equipment
- Design services for modification and retrofitting of existing vessels for new duties or services
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance support
- Internal inspection and reporting
- Design documentation for submission to statutory approving/verifying bodies
Because Meena Development LTD. offers an array of multidisciplinary services (Pipe Stress Analysis and Structural Engineering), we can provide solutions across a multitude of industries. The listing below indicates a few of Meena Development’s most commonly served industries.
- Steel and Metals Industry
- Energy and Power Generation Industry
- Water and Wastewater Industry
- Oil & Gas Industry
- Chemicals and Plastics Industry
- Pulp & Paper Industry
- Facility Services
Our professional piping stress engineers have a bachelor’s and Masters degree in mechanical / structural engineering and province license (P.Eng.) in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia and Ontario. We review, validate, certify and stamp piping and structural packages. Also check Industries We Serve.
- CAESAR II
- Pipe Stress Analysis Services
- Engineering Company
- Pipe Stress Analysis Freelance
- Pipe Stress Analysis Using Caesar II
- Piping Stress Analysis Outsourcing
- Piping Engineer
- Engineering Firm
- Pipe Stress Analysis
- Pipe Stress Analysis Engineer
- Pipe Stress Analysis Company
- Engineering Consultant
- Engineering Services
- Engineering consultancy services
- Engineering Services
- Pipe Stress Analysis Services
Originally published at https://www.littlepeng.com on March 20, 2021.